Accident Waiting to Happen

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Pete Rose

We were playing baseball on our lunch break today. Martin is up to bat and I'm on third base. He hits the ball into left and runs for second base. As I cross the plate, I look over and Martin is sliding, Pete Rose style, into second base, however, he forgets to put his arms out and they are stuck underneath him. He stops about a foot short of the bag and appears to be trying to reach the bag with his chin. He then pulls his hand out from underneath him and puts it on the bag right before the secondbaseman steps on his hand. Afterwards, he said he didn't intend to slide, but started to stumble so he went ahead with the "slide".

Martin, remember..... The Pete Rose slide requires extended arms!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess this means I'll be cleaning dust from every corner of my house, as well as his clothes, yes?

5:11 PM  
Blogger Rasheed said...

It looks like Martin hit his chin pretty hard during the slide as he said he couldn't shave this morning because of the bruising.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home