Accident Waiting to Happen

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Cable Guy

So I had Martin help me connect up my brand new 42" Plasma tv.....yes, I know, asking Martin to help help me with my new expensive tv, what was I thinking.... but hey I was desperate and didn't have any money to hire someone.

Anyways, he came over in the morning while my wife was still sleeping upstairs and we worked on all the wires in the back of the entertainment center. I went to go check on my wife about 10 minutes into it and she asked "are there like 6 people downstairs cause its so loud?", to which I told her no it's just Martin. She was shocked at this beast downstairs that was so loud that the walls were shaking.

So I went back downstairs to work with Martin on the Plasma connections and we had moved my couch all the way in front of the Entertainment center so we can lean the Plasma on it while working on the wires. Martin then bent down between the couch and the entertainment center so he can connect the wires to the back of the plasma and this is what I next hear:

"Hey Boss, can you push my head up". To which I said what?? He then informed me that his body was stuck between the couch and the entertainment center and he could not move up and needed me to push his face upwards so his body would get unstuck and stand up straight. Apparently Martin tried to move his body up on his own but since his knee was locked and stuck against the entertainment center, and he couldn't reach the ground with his other foot to leverage and get up. So his one leg was kinda dangling between the couch and the floor and he was moving his foot back and forth violently but with no luck.

So after laughing for awhile, I finally pushed his face up and he finally was no longer stuck. I quickly realized I took a big gamble having Martin help me out, not only for my Plasma's sake but for Martin's own sake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home